Us Irishmen and women are known around the world for our excellent sense of humour…
But it seems that we’re at our most hilarious when we’re not even trying to be funny – as these accidentally genius headlines prove…
25 amazing Irish headlines…
1. This unfortunate layout fail.
2. This exciting but confusing news for the Pope.
3. This controversial statement.
4. That time Enda Kenny was accidentally outed as an attempted bird murderer.
5. When a journalist had something else on their mind at work.
6. This dramatic story which shocked Ireland to the core.
7. This delighted award-winner who had no idea he was being trolled.
8. This rather graphic description of a sex offence.
9. The news that made us breath a national sigh of relief.
10. The headline that we just couldn’t believe.
11. This *facepalm* moment.
12. The slowest news day in the history of the world, ever.
13. Closely followed by this one…
14. The headline we’ve read 29 times and still don’t quite understand.
15. This minor typo which transformed the story entirely.
16. Hold on, what?
17. When the editor clearly had no grasp of innuendo.
18. A headline that’s not quite as contentious as it seems.
19. This very descriptive headline.
20. The headline that left us wanting to know more. But also, kind of not wanting to know any more…
21. This very honest hero.
22. When a journalist patted himself on the back for such a creative pun.
23. A story so dramatic, we’re not sure how it didn’t make the front page.
24. When we weren’t afraid to be honest.
25. And finally… when we were able to make fun of ourselves!
New to IrishParcels.ie?
We’re a brand new courier comparison website that could save you money on your parcel deliveries. Get quotes from top couriers, book and pay for your parcels online. Need to send a parcel? Visit our homepage for more details.